Today is attack of the miniatures!
Mini pita bread bites are back! I made two batches of these mini pita bites, one were garlic bread ones that I posted on the blog before.
I finally got around to posting the other recipe!
These sweet chilli pita bites are small, sweet and a perfect little snack. Serve them with dip or eat alone, who cares as long as you enjoy it!
Take a large pita bread, use whatever kind of pita bread you like, and cut it up into 8 little pieces or 6 if you prefer. I used pita breads with 180 calories a go, and I used the longer ones, but I’m sure the circular ones will work just as well here.
Yes, I know it’s tough waiting for nice things, but there are only a few more steps to go…
Mix together your sweet chilli glaze, spread on the bites and put them in the oven and bake and enjoy.
See, easy peasy!
Mini Sweet Chilli Pita Bread Bites
Adapted from: Mini Garlic Bread Pita Bites
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 32 pita bread bites
Calories per serving: 28
Large pita breads
- 20g/ 1 tbsp 1 tsp
Light butter spread/ butter spread
- 45 ml/ 3 tbsp
Sweet chilli sauce
- 10ml/ 2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
Red chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan assisted and line a large baking tray with foil.
- Cut the pita breads into 8 small squares and place on the baking tray.
- In a small bowl or cup, melt the butter spread in the microwave and mix with the sweet chilli sauce, ginger and soy sauce.
- Once mixed, spread the mixture over the pita bread using a brush and then sprinkle with chilli flakes if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until lightly brown, making sure to rotate halfway through if your oven is uneven.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Best served hot but they are also amazing cold. Leftovers will store in the fridge for 2-3 days but may get slightly stale.
- To reheat, place in the oven for 3-5 minutes at 180°C. These can also be frozen and then reheated from frozen in the oven.
Makes 32 mini pitta bites
Serving size: 1 mini pita bite
Saturated fat: 0.1g
You can use more or less sweet chilli sauce if desired and the chilli flakes are optional. I like very spicy food so I added lots, but feel free to add less if you want.